Maryland-based Mosaic Realty Partners expanded its portfolio with the acquisition of a commercial building in the nation’s capital. It purchased the northeastern D.C. asset through an affiliate for $14.2 million.
Mosaic is now the new owner of 705 Edgewood St., N.E., a two-story building constructed in 1955. The property occupies a 1.48-acre parcel in D.C.’s Edgewood neighborhood. It offers a total of 72,209 square feet of office, flex and warehouse space.
705 Edgewood Associates LLC was the seller. Marcus & Millichap brokered the transaction. The team that represented 705 Edgewood Associates LLC consisted of Robert Filley, a senior director with Marcus & Millichap’s National Office and Industrial Properties Group; Josh Feldman, associate vice president of investments; and associate Benjamin Wilson.
“The building’s proximity to the Rhode Island Avenue Metro station and the planned redevelopment of the Rhode Island Avenue shopping center, which is on the building’s south border, drove demand for this net-leased asset,” Filley explained in a news release.
According to Marcus & Millichap, 705 Edgewood St. was 65 percent occupied at the time of the sale, by the William E. Doar, Jr. Public Charter School for the Performing Arts. There are still 25,374 square feet of additional industrial/flex space available for lease.
By Adrian Maties, Associate Editor
- 01 Jul 2015Maryland Company Expands Investment Pattern into D.C.
- 03 May 2013Maryland’s Largest Vacant Warehouse Sells
- 21 Mar 2016A new bike trail could connect the Met Branch Trail to 4th Street NE
- 01 May 2013Giant’s former Jessup warehouse, one of Maryland’s largest unoccupied industrial buildings, sells